Groupe Photo Média International, La Maison du développement durable, Camtec Photo and Euréko invite you to participate in the seventh edition of the photo journalism contest Human nature. The contest is part of the Zoom Photo Festival Saguenay, International Meeting of Photojournalism.
The theme, Human nature, proposes a look at the way Man, in the largest sense of the word, can be influenced by his environment, that is to say by the conditions, both natural and cultural, that make up the frame of his life and that are susceptible to have an impact on him.
The winning photos, which are chosen by a jury, will be exhibited during the Zoom Photo Festival Saguenay in October 2018 in addition to a prize offered by Camtec Photo of a value of 1000$ CAD. They will also be presented at the Maison du développement durable in Montreal. Participants must submit their photo journalism entry, which should include a minimum of 20 photos, before May 31th, 2019 at midnight (UTC/GMT -4).
- Proposed competition for photographers of all nationalities.
- The deadline is May 31th at midnight (UTC/GMT -4).
- For the application, your photographs must have a height or width of 1500 pixels, resolution must be 72 DPI in jpg format. For exemple, a photo in landscape orientation will have a dimension of 1500 px by 1000 px.
- An introductory text must accompany your entry (minimum 1 paragraph).
- The file name must be identified as follows: LastName_firstName_01.jpeg.
- The photographer should be the sole owner of copyright material. Proposed reportage must contain a minimum of 20 photographs illustrating the theme of the competition.
- Winning photographer authorizes Zoom Photo Festival / Saguenay Photo and Media International Group to use without compensation and unlimited photographs, only for purposes of the festival and its promotion.
- The winner will be unveiled (e) for Zoom Photo Festival / Saguenay.
- The reportage will be exhibited during the Saguenay Zoom Photo Festival, international meeting of photojournalism and at the Atrium of the Maison du développement durable competition partner.
Take note that the winner will have to submit their photographs in high resolution (300 DPI) with a minimal height or width of 3000 pixels. Photographs will need to have IPTC Metadata duly completed with captions in English and French.